Monday, December 22, 2008

SWEETWATER TAVERN - Another 'Every Bar'

I had a great night at the Sweetwater Tavern. But it was entirely the company. Don't get me wrong, it's a perfectly serviceable joint. It was warm and reasonably priced. But it's pretty much just another place. Plaster walls, tin ceiling, cramped but nice bar. I had a steak that was arguably the best I've had in a long but hardly good. But the fries and chimmichuri were amazing as mas my key lime tart. I also had a 'bacon vegetable soup' that was pretty much bland BBQ sauce. I was drinking makers/rocks so can't speak to their cocktails.

So all in all nothing to write home about and not good for groups. The food is passable if not great. But the company totally made up for any shortcomings the restaurant had. Take that for what it's worth....

http://www.sweetwaterny.com/

105 N 6th, BKN, NY

photo stolen from 11211.info


No comments:

Post a Comment