Friday, October 17, 2008

MUSSO & FRANK, Skip Dinner and Go Straight for the Cocktails

I was really fussy about the steak that I ordered. It was porterhouse. It's cooking was very basic and served with some very sad cress. In fact all of the food was really bizarre. The stewed tomatoes were straight from the can. The creamed spinach was the consistency of a sag paneer. The potatoes gratin were interestingly flavored with some cinnamon. So, mostly disappointing but I did pretty much eat most of the steak. My buddy Lane finished the rest and claimed that it was DELICIOUS and that I was CRAZY! And the service also suuuuucked.

The place is not without it's charm. I swear it hasn't been redecorated since the 50's. Loads of dark wood and detail. The cocktails are delicious. Overall I did have a great night.

http://www.mussoandfrankgrill.com/
6667 Hollywood Blvd.

No comments:

Post a Comment