Wednesday, October 3, 2007

ABU DHABI pt.4 - I Eat Strange Fruit

In the spirit of adventure I am attempting to try most things presented to me. These things are in a buffet. But it totally counts.


--DRAGON FRUIT--

This thing is interesting. The flesh is quite mild with the seeds very similar to sesame and the skin is quite tough and tart. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pitaya Wikipidia claims this fruit 'has been an important food source for Native American people'. But I never seen this thing anywhere.

This thing looks a bit like a hairy strawberry. The skin is quite tough and the skin is fleshy and very mild and sweet. It also has a fairly large pit. It's kind of like a sugary olive.
--ROMBUTON--

In my cursory search i didn't find any satisfactory web results to this fruit.

No comments:

Post a Comment